At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Be the heartbeat of an Open Innovation Labs (Labs) residency and serve as a catalyst for large-scale transformation the open source way. The Red Hat Labs team is looking for an Agile Transformation Engagement Lead to join our diverse team. In this role, you’ll be one of the business process analyst and agile coaches who have lead agile transformations and can coach and nurture teams undergoing transformation initiatives. You should feel comfortable working with C-level executives to support their business goals, and equally comfortable running workshops and putting together strategic proposals that support these transformation initiatives. As an Agile Transformation Engagement lead, you will support everything from initiating long-term transformation programs, through running value stream assessments, to developing team best practices and taking them to scale. Throughout the life cycle of the project, you will have control and oversight from kickoff to closeout, including determining scope details and monitoring the project’s progress to ensure that it conforms to customer expectations and contractual agreements. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
We don’t expect you to know everything on day 1. Experience with our technology platform and methodology is not required, but learning quickly, from how our customers use Red Hat’s offerings, to how to position Open Labs to customers, is a key responsibility. Here’s how the role will evolve:
Within 2 months, you should be prepared to Lead a team to begin their agile transformation by doing the following:
- Partnering with customers to create the foundations of the program in order to lead them through an agile transformation
- Coaching and enabling delivery teams on modern application design and development practices
- Supporting teams in creating product vision and roadmap, writing effective user stories, and prioritizing backlog based on business value in Jira
- Understanding program planning and management, team management, process management and improvement, and team building skills
- Understanding of how Red Hat’s platform technologies work and are positioned in the market
Within 6 months, you should be ready to continue to scale a Labs transformation program and support the sales process by doing the following:
- Becoming an agent of change for customer organizations
- Innovating on our current thinking and developing new approaches to change how organizations and teams deliver software and systems
- Creating solid relationships with customers and partners
- Building interpersonal relationships with other Red Hat’s teams and serving as a trusted adviser to major Red Hat’s customers
- Supporting presales and scoping of consulting solutions as well as sales and business development for the Labs
- Integrating creative and innovative ways to position a strategic direction
- Expertise delivering business value through experience as a product designer or product Manager or in a professional services role, applying methodologies like design thinking and lean
- 5+ years of experience as a scrum master with a scrum coaching mentality in a 100% agile environment with an organization that ships software offerings
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; public speaking skills and ability to present in front of customers
- Comfortable with ambiguity and facilitating discussions to explore best possible solutions
- Ability to lead with imagination, courage, and curiosity
- Understanding of the Red Hat’s business strategy and economic model; good business insight and judgement
- Knowledge of program management processes and experience with revenue-based project reporting
- Willingness to travel up to 50-75% for longer term to customer sites
- Public sector experience is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit us-redhat.icims.com.