Replay Gaming is a fast growing UK social gaming company that operates Replay Poker (www.replaypoker.com), an established play-money poker site offering competitive ring games, tournaments and promotions. Our goal is to become the home of recreational poker online within 5 years.
Our core values
We’re big on our company culture, and hire based on alignment to our core values. So it’s important to us you share similar values: sorry no egos allowed!
- We are kind, humble and respectful.
- We voice opinions and share our experiences.
- We value time, proactivity and productivity.
- We aim for excellence.
- We put our community first.
We are a small team of highly technical and experienced developers geographically distributed working via GitHub and Slack.
You will be part of the core development team working on our main Rails back-end and our React front-end, creating new features, fixing bugs and improving an extensive codebase. We want you to help build and scale our entire stack to handle our ever-growing number of players.
One of the biggest projects we have is the development of a new poker server possibly using Elixir and you will be part of the team that will design and build it.
This is not a “code-monkey” opening. You should be comfortable architecting solutions from top to bottom using the best tools for the job. Although Ruby is our main language, we know of it’s trade-offs and expect people that are open-minded and not afraid of learning new ones.
We have a new React front-end being built and we expect you to have real world experience with React to help out on the completion of the project as well as maintaining it afterwards.
- We are a growing team, so you’ll have a huge impact on the decisions and the work being done
- We all work remotely, 100% of the time. Work from wherever you are most productive
- We’re currently spread out across North America, South America, Asia and Europe
- Website: Rails 4, a single page application with Backbone.js and a new React front-end in progress
- Poker server: Ruby multi-threaded TCP server
- Desktop client: Flash – ActionScript 2.0 (in maintenance mode) and a new HTML5/JS client in progress
- Other technologies used: MySQL, Sidekiq, Redis/Sentinel, node.js, Go, Kubernetes and many more
- Have expert knowledge of Ruby/Rails and it’s surrounding environment
- Have 3+ years of Ruby development experience
- Have experience using React in production on at least one large project
- Have a good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Have a good knowledge of threads and parallel programming
- Have experience writing automated tests, be it BDD, TDD, etc
- Have a good understanding of databases and concepts like transactions, locks, ACID, CAP and eventual consistency
- Have a good understanding of REST and REST-ful APIs
- Be comfortable working with git, code review and pull requests
- Have extensive experience with Linux
- Be eager to learn and able to express your thoughts, arguments, and ideas clearly and effectively
- Have excellent english language skills (fluent speaking)
- Have experience with GraphQL
- Have contributed to open source projects
- Have experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Have professional experience working remotely
- Enjoy playing poker!
What we offer
- Plenty of autonomy for you to work the way you think you’re most productive
- A flexible process with the focus on efficiency of working with minimal bureaucracy
- A mixture of a fun and challenging project working on a real-time game
- Flexible paid holiday
- Competitive salary (negotiable and depending on experience/skills)
To apply for this job please visit replaygaming.recruiterbox.com.