At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join us remotely. In this role, you will develop and support the Red Hat Ceph Storage open source community on emerging storage system capabilities in collaboration with engineering teams across Red Hat. The Red Hat Ceph Storage is a software storage platform that implements object storage on a single distributed computer cluster, and provides interfaces for object, block, and file-level storage. You’ll be responsible for planning, implementation, maintenance, and support interaction with a very active open source community evolving agile methodologies to deliver enterprise-quality software. Remote candidates in any location will be considered. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with the upstream Red Hat Ceph Storage open source community on emerging storage system capabilities
- Design, develop, and test enhancements for Red Hat Ceph Storage based on analyses of user feedback and emerging market requirements
- Collaborate with engineering teams across Red Hat, including Red Hat Ceph Storage engineering, Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes engineering, hybrid cloud teams, hardware infrastructure management software teams, and AI-driven operations automation teams
- Represent Red Hat Ceph Storage and Red Hat via presentations and participations at conferences and other events
- Mentor and provide feedback for other core Red Hat Ceph Storage engineers
- Experience with C and C++ programming language
- Experience with Linux environments
- Knowledge of Git, a version-control system
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse global or multi-office team
- Willingness to share knowledge of open source work via public forums, either online or in person
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects
The following are considered a plus:
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with Ceph and with distributed and network storage systems
- Familiarity with open source communities and open source development
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree,or equivalent experience
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit us-redhat.icims.com.