We’re looking for a passionate, driven, and experienced Senior Brand Designer to help craft engaging, visual experiences that tell the world about Pocket, our mission, and how Pocket fits into people’s lives.
At Pocket, we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention on any device and on their own time.
We’re a small team that has the resources of a large company: Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017. At Pocket, you’ll have the opportunity to own projects from start to finish, projects with impact on current and prospective users.
Here at Pocket, we’re motivated about how we can improve people’s lives online: how they find and consume content, become informed and inspired by topics that interest them, and do so in ways that respect their time and privacy. Come work with us and make a big impact.
What you’ll do:
As Senior Brand Designer, you will be responsible for concepting ideas and crafting visual designs that tell the story of Pocket across multiple channels: web, landing pages, videos, blog posts, social media, email campaigns, among others. We’re looking for a Senior Brand Designer whose creative thinking and design will bring Pocket’s brand to life and connect with users in new, inspiring ways. You will work collaboratively with a copywriter, as well as our marketing, design, product, and sales teams on projects that reach large audiences, and you’ll be responsible for refining and expanding Pocket’s brand identity.
- Concept and execute campaigns for Pocket that raise awareness and drive conversion, across multiple touch points in support of a strategy.
- Create highly effective designs for web, email, social media, events, as well as other brand and marketing initiatives.
- Support the design development of high-impact presentation materials for external, internal, and partner use.
- Create and format all digital visual elements, including typography, layout, imagery, and iconography.
- Lead visual design throughout entire projects, from initial concepts and explorations through final design deliverables.
- Design presentations and other materials for Pocket’s sales and editorial teams.
- Push the visual style of Pocket forward and help maintain its consistency by designing and documenting visual systems and style guides.
- Push and evolve the Pocket brand to reflect our mission and voice in collaboration with a copywriter.
What you already have:
- Four or more years of experience as a visual communication or brand designer, or an art director.
- A diverse portfolio of projects that demonstrate your skills in visual storytelling and concept-driven design work or art direction.
- Expert knowledge of branding, visual design principles, and typography.
- Ability to partner with a copywriter as a creative partner to concept original ideas that effectively address a creative brief or or strategic insight.
- Ability to deliver production-ready comps and visual assets for digital and print media.
- A passion for working quickly, iteratively, and collaboratively from concept to completion.
- A special interest in one or more of the following: illustration, photography, information design, motion graphics, and video.
- A strong point of view on design and a sensibility compatible with Pocket’s visual style.
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mozilla.org.