At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a calmer, more balanced, more fulfilling way to work and live.
We envision a future in which people can work without distractions from anywhere in the world on things that they are passionate about, and then unplug at the end of the day with the reassuring peace-of-mind that their tasks and teamwork are accounted for.
We are a multidisciplinary team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and seek to change how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 62 people (and counting!) who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- Taking care of ourselves and each other
- Empowering people to achieve their ambitions
- Making long-term decisions, even if they’re harder
Our values aren’t just meant to paint a nice picture—they are the core of how we think, work, and interact.
We invite you to learn more about us, our values, and how we work at our Ambition & Balance blog.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you’ll be the technical lead on Doist’s key marketing projects, working closely with the marketing, design, and back-end development teams every step of the way – from strategy, planning, and design to implementation, testing, and optimization.
At Doist, marketing isn’t just a pretty coat of paint and nice words to sell a product. It’s the process of distilling the values we stand for as a company and communicating those to the world in unique and engaging ways.
This role is for a self-starter who’s excited to optimize existing channels and explore new possibilities for engaging and growing our different communities.
- You have solid foundation of web fundamentals (HTML5/CSS3/ES6). You have experience working with back-end stacks (e.g., RoR, Django, Node.js) and are comfortable working autonomously to create a website from scratch.
- You have experience bringing a wide variety of marketing experiences to life from landing pages and lifecycle emails to simple web apps and ad campaigns.
- You know how to optimize a web page from top to bottom to make users’ browsing experience blazing fast. You know what it takes to make your web animation meet the 60 FPS bar. You sweat the details, but also know when to move on.
- You having a knack for developing reusable processes and frameworks that shorten implementation time and ensure quality (e.g. Contentful API, A/B testing, etc.).
- You understand that projects aren’t finished when they go live. Event tracking, A/B testing, and data analysis are part of your process to inform further optimization.
- You’re not only a technical stand out–you also add valuable input throughout the entire process from marketing strategy to UX design and post-launch optimization.
- You don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do, and you wouldn’t want to anyway. You have ideas for how to improve and expand marketing efforts and are proactive enough to see those ideas through to implementation.
- Bonus points if you have technical SEO experience.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation + national holidays. You’ll receive 5 weeks of paid time off + national holidays where you live.
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Healthy snacks. You’ll have a budget to spend on fruit, nuts, and any other healthy snacks you need to keep you energized throughout the day.
- Annual company retreats. Although we work remotely, we still enjoy bringing the whole team together to get to know each other, bond, and have face-to-face discussions in places like Spain (2015), Iceland (2016), Greece (2017), and Chile (2018).
- Amazing people. Being a part of the Doist team means you get to work with incredibly diverse, talented people who also enjoy having fun!
- And much more!
To apply for this job please visit doist.com.