Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 30 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
As a Ticketing Agent at Hopper, you will be the go-to person for any GDS or ticketing inquiries from our team Travel Support and Advanced Booking Agents. You will also be involved with the day-to-day air reservation ticketing operations.
If you know almost everything about standard airline policies, can speak fluent Sabre and/or Apollo remarks, aren’t scared of the words “plating” and “PNR”, are a natural problem solver, and thrive on thinking creatively to help customers achieve a positive experience, you’ll be a perfect fit in this role.
In this role, you will:
- Provide GDS and Ticketing support to Travel Support and Advanced Booking Agents via Slack
- Monitor multiple queues across five different PCCs (and counting) in Sabre, Apollo and Farelogix
- Process full and partial exchanges as well as refunds (Voluntary, Involuntary, FTC)
- Contact users by phone and email for schedule changes
- Reach out to airlines to obtain waiver codes for name corrections, refunds, etc
- Occasionally help our users via phone, e-mail or live chat if the volume is high
A perfect candidate has:
- 3+ years experience at a leisure or corporate travel agency and experience in domestic and international reservations
- Expert Sabre or Apollo knowledge including building, pricing, ticketing and completing complex exchanges
- Experience working with Farelogix APIs, Navitaire, auto-ticketing scripts, and custom script building an asset
- Ability to work within a multi-source environment incorporating multi-GDS, multi-PCC, and multi-PoS
- Major attention to detail and sound judgement to ensure every ticket is handled and actioned appropriately in an environment with competing and changing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Previous experience working remotely
- Availability to work both weekdays and weekends on the following shift; 10:30 PM until 8:30 AM EST (10 hour-shift)
- Ability to start early February and to attend our 4 weeks training in-house in our Montreal office
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!
To apply for this job please visit www.hopper.com.