Support is Help Scout’s bread and butter. We’re pleased to be searching for our seventh, full-time support team member. Our ideal hire is motivated by what we’re doing as a company, and eager to contribute on the front lines.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working remotely without much (if any) oversight.
- You’ll be a product expert in all areas. You’ll spend most of your days sending timely, human replies to questions via email, but you’ll also craft documentation, troubleshoot potential bugs, and collaborate with the rest of the team to be as helpful as possible to our customers.
- Customer success is a big piece of the pie. You’ll work one-on-one with customers, helping them to get the most out of Help Scout. You might wing unplanned Skype calls and live screen-shares, or schedule meetings to talk about unique use cases.
- We don’t hold you to empty policies or procedures. We expect you to always act in the best interest of the customer. You’ll be given plenty of autonomy to simply do what’s right, no questions asked. With great power comes great responsibility.
- We’re sticklers about the customer experience. We’re always refining and polishing the product to perfection. As someone on the front line, your understanding of the product and our customers is incredibly valuable. You’ll regularly chat with the product team to make sure we’re getting it right.
- Help Scout is focused on the idea of “support-driven growth”, where we emphasize being helpful to our prospects and customers as they pursue their goals. We believe that true sustainable growth for Help Scout is a byproduct of putting our customers and their needs, first. The Support team is one strong part of the Growth team, which means you’ll be actively collaborating with the success, sales and product marketing teams in helping our customers.
- We’re looking for someone who can work hours that overlap with European time zones. Because we value work-life balance and creating a sustainable position, we prefer if you are geographically located in an equivalent timezone to Western European Time (WET), Central European Time (CET), Eastern European Time (EET) (so you do not need to zone-shift or work far outside of normal business hours where you live).
- This job is Monday-Friday, 9a-5pm in your timezone.
- Help Scout is not able to sponsor a work visa for this position, so you must already be authorized to live and work in the area.
- You’re passionate about support. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient. You’re in it for the long haul, and you’re not looking for the “next best thing”. This isn’t your first rodeo, nor is it a stepping stone. We’re looking for someone with at least one year of support experience.
- You are self-sufficient and love the challenge of solving problems and learning new things. You welcome an environment where you can do great work independently.
- You’re patient and hardy, with an excellent sense of humor. You’re an exceptional listener and educator, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English. You’re just as comfortable on the phone or in person as you are in an email. Your writing is clear and simple, with a proper dose of empathy.
- You have rare people skills that allow you to get out in front of problems, and proactively help customers with potential troubles. You’re an empathetic problem solver who goes out of their way to help people always.
- You have a good ole’ fashioned work ethic, day in and day out. You have grit and take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You aren’t scared of a challenge. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better.
- Help Scout is a remote team with employees in eleven countries (eight people in the Boston office). We optimize for excellence over geography and overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, chat and video conferencing.
- We’re a customer-driven company and always will be. Everything follows the customer experience, no exceptions.
- Our company is growing and has aspirations of helping millions of people around the world. Accomplishing our goals will present countless challenges and require you to excel in every aspect of the position. It’s hard work, but the people we’re looking for love exploring and solving hard problems.
- This is not the typical startup “rocket ship.” We’ll never compromise customers or the experience in favor of growth. Our purpose is to build a profitable company that small businesses love and sustain it. We optimize your career at Help Scout for the long term as well, so keeping a healthy work/life balance is an important priority.
- We value diversity at Help Scout and welcome all applicants regardless of actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, parental status, or caregiver status.
- Competitive Salary – We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Work anywhere – Work from our office in Boston or anywhere else, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team. We’ll even buy your home office furniture or help you pay for a co-working space.
- International Benefit Stipend – If you’re based outside the US, you’ll receive a monthly stipend that goes towards covering medical insurance, long and short-term disability, and accountant costs.
- Flexible vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- Paid parental leave, including adoption – 12 weeks if you have or adopt a baby, 4 weeks if your partner has a baby.
- 401k with 1% match– 1% Retirement Plan matching for both US and International Employees
- Personal development stipend – Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Great tools – Each employee receives a Mac laptop and 27” display (or equivalent). We’ll also purchase any of the software or hardware you need as well as high-end furniture to get your home office started
- Complete transparency – Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
To apply for this job please visit www.workable.com.